Wednesday, July 6

i'm still hungry

Wednesdays are always relaxing, on the grounds that I'm free during first and third period. Today was exceptionally better, owing to no Math class (second period) as well-Ms. Rosemary did not turn up. Jun Sue and I spent most of the morning at the cafeteria, where it was oh-so-very-happening at the Energy Hub. There are occasional days when people will come to our college with their products and promote them to the student body or anyone that happens to walk through the cafeteria. Today was one of those days. This time, Roxy bags and tops, HL milk, contact lenses and wax strips were flaunted.

A guy in a yellow and white striped tee greeted me today at the stairs. I looked at him and it dawned on me in an instant that I have never seen him before. He sounded really excited, I thought better of not acknowledging him with enthusiasm tantamount to his. I returned his hello and laughed nervously before gently suggesting that he must have mistaken me for a friend of his. He was absolutely dumbfounded by my "unthinkable" claim that I had to oblige him by scanning the library of faces in my memory once again to find even a flicker of recognition. (Judging by the look of utmost incredulity on his face, I could've told him I was really a secret agent working undercover for the CIA or something equally preposterous). To his disbelief and my surprise, the scan found no matches. "He stays at the condo too" one of his friends justified matter-of-factly, as if that was all I needed to hear to snap back to my senses and then everything would click into place. Before I could even collect my thoughts, he gave me brief nod as the crowd dissolved him. I'd really wanted to summon him back and clarify the whole thing. I was curious and he was...confident that we'd truly met before.

Then again for all I know, he might've been pulling a prank on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment