Tuesday, June 21

a multitude of casualties

It's 7.11 on a Tuesday morning and I'm wide awake. This calls for a festivity of sorts. I should make it a point to sleep early earlier every night from now on. It's kinda nice not having to rush like mad every morning and to run to college as if my life depended on it. Haha it may be over-dramatized but as of today, I'd like to be mentally prepared and alert before the first class, not suffering withdrawal symptoms of being dragged out of bed on a rainy morning with the perfect weather for sleeping in.

Everything's so serene outside. There's no sign of life save the trees, occasional passing by of a car or two and I presume, the guard cooped up in the guardhouse. From my room, I have a bird's eye view of the the side entrance to the condo I live in. Fret not, I don't go peering out of the window, studying people that go in and out when I've nothing more productive to do.

The prospect of entering Bio class to someone other than Mr. Varun is immoderately disheartening. Its amplitude is enough to send not only me, I believe, but all his students spiraling into the depths of despondency every time the matter at hand comes to mind. Yeah he's made quite an impression on us. :) It's safe to say that he's the only lecturer that competently connects with students and for that, beyond any doubt, to most, if not all his students, he's earned the recognition of being our favourite lecturer.

Learning is remarkably more enjoyable with him around and now (soon to be), what with his missing in action, the future of our results looks unpromising. Ugh this is making me irrational.

No comments:

Post a Comment