Friday, June 10

munching on oat krunch

Exam results are back. I'm reasonably pleased with them, taking Maths out of the picture. I'm blown away by the fact that my impression and perception of Maths has completely gone the reverse direction since high school. I used to genuinely enjoy Add Maths back in Lodge, but now the mere thought of maths 3c/3d in college just makes me want to pop in a serotonin pill every time a math test/exam comes around. But I highly doubt the market synthetically manufactures this naturally-occurring chemical, so simply brush aside my irrationality for now. :)

I took a look at Revathi's math 3a/3b evaluation exam paper this afternoon in the midst of studying for a Psychology test (which turned out better than expected) and had to force myself to stop flipping through the pages, lest getting overly-emotional. A single glance at the questions told me it was similar to Add Maths that we've done in Form 5. At that point, Ms. Rosemary's remark, "Dropping maths 3c/3d for maths 3a/3b will be a great relief for those of you having trouble coping with this subject" resonated in my head. She cannot be any more right. Okay, I shall quit claiming that the maths i'm doing now is out-of-this-world brain-torturing. Indeed, it isn't a subject that anyone can get a firm hold of overnight, but how do you put yourself to the test or exercise your fullest potential if not faced with a challenge, right? In retrospect, guess I've made the right choice in selecting this subject. All's good.
Despite the rather popular and plausible interjection among us skeptics students that nobody should bother practising because practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible to be attained, I shall persevere. Perfection is not what we aim for, it's improvement.

Okay, time to put my words into actions.
Ear candy for you :)

Till my next post, bye! x

2 comments:

  1. Haha I have no idea what's happened to my Maths too! xD Especially my Statistics paper. -.-
    Don't love Maths anymore which I did in high school! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, isn't this so relevant right now?
    http://fashionsociety.tumblr.com/post/5479074543
    Lololol

    ReplyDelete