Saturday, May 28

overload

I've found my ultimate weakness. I'm constantly striving to get things done in the shortest possible time. I keep a mental note of things to do and when I'm attending to something, my mind automatically prepares me for the next thing to be done, so much so that I lose track of what I'm supposed to be focusing my attention on at that point in time. I've especially noticed this about myself today, though I know it isn't the first time I've experienced it. I have to take things one step at a time, go easy on my mind and accept that it is unable to handle or actively process so much information simultaneously. This has nothing to do with stress. The culprit is rather my wanting to be over-efficient. And most of the time, I'm worried that I might forget to do certain things when I'm so absorbed in attending to current matters; other priorities then seep into my consciousness entirely of their own volition. I was going to put my clothes into the washing machine just now but ended up in the kitchen instead 'cause on the way, I briefly remembered that I had to refill my bottle next. -__- Gosh, I need to focus on the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment